“In life, you need either inspiration or desperation.”
The problem for most of us is that we’re too comfortable. We struggle to step outside of that comfort zone and therefore never make much progress where we need it most.
Sure, some of us are naturally driven. Great parents, mentors, friends, siblings, etc. can teach us how to achieve what we want while helping us become disciplined enough to work towards it.
But, most of us probably don’t have that, at least not yet. Unfortunately, many of the most famous and successful people you see today had to hit rock bottom before finally breaking through.
Don’t wait until you’re homeless, broke, dangerously obese, or in some other extremely desperate situation to finally make changes in your life.
Surround yourself with the right people, slowly make small habit changes that line up with your goals, read books that can help you learn how your brain works, etc. so you can achieve amazing things.
Don’t forget to share this quote and let us know what you think about it in the comment below. You may change someone’s life who really needs it.
More quotes from Tony Robbins:
- “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”
- “It is your decisions, and not your conditions that determine your destiny.”
- “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.”
- “There’s no such thing as failure. There are only results.”
- “Trade your expectation for appreciation and the world changes for you.”
- “We can change our lives. We can do, have and be exactly what we wish.”
- “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.”
- “The way we communicate with others and with ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives.”
- “Everybody’s got a past. The past doesn’t equal the future unless you live there.”
- “Problems are the gifts that make us dig out and figure out who we are, what we’re made for and what we’re responsible to give back to life.”
- “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is reached.”
- “Most people have no idea of the giant capacity we can immediately command when we focus all our resources on mastering a single area of our lives.”
- “Why live an ordinary life, when you can live an extraordinary one.”
- “Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives.”
- “The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.”
- “You decide every moment of every day who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second.”
- “If you want to succeed in your life, remember this phrase: That past does not equal the future. Because you failed yesterday, or all day today, or a moment ago, or for the last six months, the last 16 years, or the last 50 years of your life, doesn’t mean anything…
- All that matters is: What are you going to do, right now?”
- “If you develop the absolute sense of certainty that powerful beliefs provide, then you can get yourself to accomplish virtually anything, including those things that other people are certain are impossible.”
- “If you want to make it big, you’ve got to push yourself beyond your limits. You’ve got to pump yourself up and get yourself into a hyper mental state. And you have to do this yourself. Nobody can do this for you.”